Authentic coconut oil is prepared at our MyVillage Anjuna Ghor.
The process has been one which has been coming down generations in the village Anjuna.
The process is as follows:
- The coconuts which are dried out and have absorbed all the coconut water within are the coconuts that produce the best coconut oil.
- It is then deshelled and the coconut pieces are kept in the sun to dry for a couple of days.
- The dried coconut pieces are the taken to the coconut mill (Theses mills are special mills for extracting only coconut oil)
- Once the machine grinds out all the oil from one side the same is collected in jugs and the extracts that come out on the other side is also used to feed cows and pigs on local farms in the village.
- Once the oil is collected in the big jugs, it is then strained out and packaged into bottles to get to the local market.